As a dietitian and yoga instructor I have always believed in the power of eating whole foods as the foundation for healthy holistic living.
Clean simple eating keeps your body and mind clear and open. Watch the magic happen around you. You will notice positive things coming your way! When you eat well you feel well. It’s very simple.
Eating plant-based colorful foods that are radiant and alive can make you feel radiant and alive. It’s true what they say: beauty comes from within. Starting your day with something healthy and vibrant makes you feel healthy and vibrant which is a beautiful thing! Clean simple eating keeps your body and mind clear and open. Watch the magic happen around you. You will notice positive things coming your way! When you eat well you feel well. It’s very simple.
A few of my other basic philosophies…
- be kind to the earth
- be kind to animals
- be kind to yourself
And one more…
- dark chocolate should be its own food group.
I’ve always loved all things chocolate. On occasion I would count it as a meal. Some call it a little quirky. I call it a passion. When dark chocolate started getting some media buzz, I had the idea of using it as a vehicle for other healthy whole food ingredients. I thought that creating dark chocolate truffles with high antioxidant ingredients, while replacing the cream and butter with dairy-free ingredients, would be simple and fun. (ha! no one told me that you need a Food Science Degree to do this.) Months later and a few frustrations I had six truffle flavors. They were pretty tasty but sure didn’t look pretty.
I knew that I had to call in the experts.
While attending lots of food shows, I consistently stumbled across (stalked) Theo Chocolate. I loved them and their philosophy. Each time I learned more about their cacao farms, commitment to organic and Fair Trade practices and was getting to know their friendly representatives. They finally agreed to help me (perhaps to make me go away). To this day I am forever grateful to Theo for giving me the opportunity and helping to make our vegan truffles silky smooth, melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Since we launched our truffles in 2009 we have created more healthy treats with our munch line. Each bite has nutty yumminess, which also means lots of protein, fiber and wholesome goodness.
- Nichole and Isabella
Here are a few fun facts about our chocolates:
- you will get a burst of natural energy from just a single piece (and, fyi, it’s not a sugar burst)
- you will most likely find a favorite flavor and stick to it (please let us know which is your favorite!)
- each chocolate is made with whole food ingredients. For example the pumpkin trufle is made with whole pumpkin seeds that are ground into a pumpkin seed butter and our walnut truffle has more walnuts than it does dark chocolate!
- our truffles are half the calories and half the sugar compared to traditional truffles
- we donate 5% of our sales to our fav animal organizations: The Gentle Barn, Noah’s Ark, Mercy for Animals, and The Humane Society. Check ‘em out. We ♥ them.
- the name, ‘nicobella’ does not mean ‘me so pretty’. Nico is short for me, Nichole, and Bella is short for my love of the past 13 years, Isabella (fyi, the ‘chocolate’ toy poodle was not planned).
We are excited to share our healthy treats with you! We truly appreciate the support and want you to join us in a healthy journey. Please join our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest communities and tell us your thoughts!