Hello nicobella friends,
Are you a big fan* of peanuts like us?
*Big fan=you snack on them daily, add them to stir fries, include them in smoothies, eat peanut butter out of the jar and love peanut butter dressings and sauces.
If you are the definition of a big fan, we have great news for you. Not only are our peanut butter square prices marked down from $7.95 per box to $5.95 per box (25% off!), but you can feel really good when eatingnicobella peanut butter squares. We start with organic raw Georgia peanuts, grind them into peanut butter, add just a touch of molasses then coat them in organic and Fair Trade dark chocolate. A little sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt makes them the perfect bite size treat, with only 50 calories per square.
Here are some fun facts about peanuts:
- Peanuts are packed with 8 grams of protein per ounce.
- Peanuts are a great source of fiber (2.5 grams per ounce).
- Peanuts are choc-full of folate, vitamin E, potassium and magnesium.
- Peanuts may help to control blood sugar levels with their perfect ratio of carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats, as well as their high fiber content.
- A handful of peanuts every day can reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Peanuts may lower your total cholesterol and LDL (not-so-good) cholesterol, while increasing your HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Peanuts are packed with Arginine, an amino acid that can increase production of nitric oxide, which improves blood circulation.
- Eating a handful of nuts each day may help with weight loss.
Enjoy 25% off our peanut butter squares today through Wednesday 12pm EST. (price already marked down)
Yoga for Paws + Valentine's Pop Up
Tough Love Yoga
1530 Dekalb Ave
Atlanta, GA 30307
For those of you who are in the Atlanta, GA and surrounding areas, please come join us on February 6th from 4:30-7:30pm at Tough Love Yoga for yoga, wine and chocolate tasting, and Valentine's shopping - all for a good cause. The All Levels Yoga Class will be led by Neda Draupadi Honarvar, owner of Tough Love Yoga and is $10 per person, all of which will be donated to Lifeline Animal Project and APBN Spay and Neuter Program. If you cannot join us for yoga, then join us for the wine and chocolate tastings, Valentine's shopping, raffles and prizes from 5:30-7:30pm-it's FREE! We hope to see you there to help support homeless dogs in Atlanta. (If you'd like to take the yoga class, please sign up at ToughLoveYoga.com. There's limited space so sign up soon!)
Finally, don't forget to follow our blog and social media communities for plant-based inspirations all month long. If you missed it last week, you can catch up now on The Power of Plant-Based Eating to Prevent and Treat Diabetes and a yummy recipe for Healthy Breakfast Scones.
Enjoy your week!
- Fraser GE, Shavlik DJ. Risk factors for all-cause and coronary heart disease mortality in the oldest-old. The Adventist Health Study. Arch Intern Med. 1997;157(19):2249–2258.
- Hu FB, Stampfer MJ, Manson JE, et al. Frequent nut consumption and risk of coronary heart disease in women: prospective cohort study. BMJ. 1998;317(7169):1341–1345.
- Li TY, Brennan AM, Wedick NM, Mantzoros C, Rifai N, Hu FB. Regular consumption of nuts is associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease in women with type 2 diabetes. J Nutr.2009;139(7):1333–1338.
- Kushi LH, Folsom AR, Prineas RJ, Mink PJ, Wu Y, Bostick RM. Dietary antioxidant vitamins and death from coronary heart disease in postmenopausal women. N Engl J Med.1996;334(18):1156–1162.