Cabbage & Carrot Fritters! Posted on 21 Aug 17:50 , 0 comments
The versatility of vegetables is endless! You truly can never get bored with your plant foods when there are so many options for preparation & spices to add. This fritter recipe is yet another option with southern charm with a little kick.
What you will need
- 2 flaxseed eggs (1 Tbsp flax : 2 Tbsp Water = 1 egg)
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4-5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil/coconut oil (*optional)
What to Do
- Make your flaxseed egg mixture in a small bowl and set aside to thicken.
- Finely chop your cabbage. 4-5 cups equals about ½ of a large head of cabbage.
- Blend your carrots and onion in a food processor so that they are chopped very fine.
- In a large bowl, combine your chopped cabbage, carrots, onion, flax egg mixture, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a nonstick skillet (a pancake pan/griddle works very well), and place about ¼ cup of the mixture on the skillet just as if you were making a small pancake.
- Cook until brown on each side
- Once cooked, top with avocado slices & Sriracha. Enjoy!! (yields around 9 6 inch fritters)
These fritters are nutrient dense, with the high Vitamin K and C amounts in cabbage as well as Vitamin A in the carrot. And not to mention flavorful! Need a savory side to a breakfast or brunch spread? Give these fritters a try!
Addie Dulaney Majnaric, RDN graduate of West Virginia University, where she received her dual Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology and Human Nutrition and Foods and minor in Strength & Conditioning. Addie recently finished her supervised practice rotations, and passed her licensure exam to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She is very excited to begin helping people reach their happiest and healthiest selves through a vegan diet!
Addie has been vegan for 6 years, and promotes her recipes, love for animals, and nutrition journey on her blog: https://beansandblessingsblog.wordpress.com. In her free time, Addie enjoys running, creating vegan meals and baking, spending time with her husband Nathan and her best friend and sidekick, Kimba the rescue German Shepherd!