DIY Pistachio Milk Posted on 31 Jul 18:31 , 0 comments
This delicious recipe was adapted from Vegan Life Magazine which is chock-full of delicious plant-based recipes! Highly suggest grabbing a copy now. Okay, onto the recipe...
The pistachio milk only took about 5-10 minutes to make (once the pistachios were soaked overnight). It's creamy and a delicious natural alternative to store bought plant-based milks. The benefits? Pistachios are packed with vitamin K, potassium, vitamin B 6, protein and fiber. Plus there are no binders, no fillers, no gums, no thickeners, and no scientific experiments!
- 1 cup raw, unsalted pistachios, soaked in water overnight
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 3 Medjool dates, pits removed
How to make
- Drain and rinse pistachios.
- Add pistachios, water and cinnamon to blender. Mix on high for 1-2 minutes until pistachios are ground.
- Add dates and blend well.
- Pour the milk into a fine-mesh strainer on top of a large blow and slowly pour the mixture through the strainer.
- Serve the milk immediately or store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Enjoy by itself, in your morning oatmeal or add fruit and greens to make a smoothie!