Long days at work
& Endless To-do List
often equates to drinking large amounts of coffee. Before you stop reading this, thinking a dietitian is yelling at you for your coffee habit, I am actually reminding you that coffee is a very healthy beverage in its natural form.
Did you know that Coffee:
- Is Loaded with antioxidants
- Has been showed to boost the metabolic rate
- May lower your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Has beneficial nutrients (manganese, potassium, panthothenic acid and riboflavin)
Did you know Chocolate:
- Is loaded with minerals (iron, magnesium, copper, manganese)
- Powerful source of antioxidants
- May improve blood flow and lower blood pressure
- Is great for your skin
All of these health benefits come from the beans of both coffee and chocolate plants. So what if they were combined to make a energizing and delicious chocolate treat with all of these health benefits?
To my surprise, it was done. Nicobella organics uses 75% organic and Fair Trade dark chocolate and added Brewing Good Coffee Company's organic and Fair Trade coffee nibs to make a Dark Chocolate Mocha Munch. Not only do they use the dark chocolate to get all of the benefits but they use the coffee nibs to create a powerhouse munch option. What's more, both companies are animals lovers and donate a percentage of sales to their favorite animal rescues. So, you can feel good about each bite knowing that you are doing something great for yourself AND for animals.
Eating the chocolate with coffee nibs brings about all of the healthy benefits and is a great treat to have at your holiday parties. Try a bag today and let me know what you think!
Written by Rebecca Vander Sluis