Sunday is a great day for detoxing, clearing the body and mind, preparing for a vibrant and focused week (and helps after an indulgent weekend!).
I love to use Sunday as a reset day and cleanse, whether it’s cleaning out my t-shirt drawer, the kitchen cabinets, my computer or my thoughts (#SundayMeditation). Prepping plant-powered meals for the week is a great excuse to clean out the fridge and start off the week clear and centered. This detox fennel dill salad is perfect for cleansing the gut and liver. (My husband bought a TON of dill for my birthday dinner that I’ll be using for the next year, which is what inspired this salad. Anyone in Atlanta need dill?).
Fennel is high in antioxidants like vitamins C and A, has lots of fiber and contains something called carminatives, which help to relax the stomach and stimulate digestive movement. Gassy? 💨 Eat fennel!
It also has a substance called anethole which gives fennel its aroma and licorice flavor. It’s been shown to help fight inflammation and reduce risk of cancer. Also in this salad: dill, cucumber, red onion and lemon - all with superfood healing powers. 💪🏼
Who’s detoxing with me today and what’s on your detox plan?
- 1 large fennel bulb, thin sliced
- 1 cucumber, thin sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thin sliced
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil (if you’re oil-free try orange juice and omit the maple)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
How to Make
- In a large bowl, mix fennel, cucumber, onion and dill together and stir.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the fennel salad and mix well.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy the detox!🙌🏼