100% plant based and gluten free, these muffins lack nothing in flavor, texture or nutrients! The bright aroma of freshly squeezed lemon and the crunch of the chia & poppy seeds will brighten up your day for sure!
What you will need:
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds + 6 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 lemon for zesting as well as juicing
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup GF all purpose flour blend
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 and prepare your muffin tin with either liners or grease with coconut oil so that the muffins do not stick
- Prepare your chia seeds + water mixture and let congeal while you prepare the other ingredients
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix well, then add in your dry and finally your chia seed mixture
- Your batter should be thick, and easily spooned into your muffin tin
- Divide the batter into the muffin tin, filling 9-11 muffins depending on how large you like your muffins
- Bake for about 20 minutes and ENJOY!
Addie Dulaney Majnaric, RDN graduate of West Virginia University, where she received her dual Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology and Human Nutrition and Foods and minor in Strength & Conditioning. Addie recently finished her supervised practice rotations, and passed her licensure exam to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She is very excited to begin helping people reach their happiest and healthiest selves through a vegan diet!