A cup of coffee + a slice of this mocha much banana bread is a delightful way to start your morning! Filled with whole grain goodness, bananas, our Mocha Munch and then topped with omega 3 rich walnuts, you can’t go wrong with this sweet indulgence!
What you will need
- 2 bread tins
- 4 ripe large bananas
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup plain almond milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- Mocha Munch pieces broken up to mix in
What to do
- Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease your loaf pans
- Mix wet ingredients first, and then blend into your dry ingredients
- Lastly add your mocha munch and mix well
- Spread out your mixture into the loaf pans evenly
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until golden brown ontop
- Remove from the oven, and use a knife to loosen the sides of your loaf from the tin
- Remove the loaves from the tin and place on a cooling rack
- Make a fresh pot of coffee, slice & enjoy!
The loaves can be wrapped in aluminum foil and kept fresh for several days. Never waste overly ripe bananas again! Let us know how you like this recipe & creative ways you use your nicobella chocolate!
Addie Dulaney Majnaric, RDN graduate of West Virginia University, where she received her dual Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology and Human Nutrition and Foods and minor in Strength & Conditioning. Addie recently finished her supervised practice rotations, and passed her licensure exam to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She is very excited to begin helping people reach their happiest and healthiest selves through a vegan diet!
Addie has been vegan for 6 years, and promotes her recipes, love for animals, and nutrition journey on her blog: https://beansandblessingsblog.wordpress.com. In her free time, Addie enjoys running, creating vegan meals and baking, spending time with her husband Nathan and her best friend and sidekick, Kimba the rescue German Shepherd!