Listen up! This will WOW your guests and may even convert meat-eaters into vegans! We sampled this at a football gathering recently and didn't tell anyone it was vegan. There was a non-vegan chili there as well. Guess who won the cook-off? Yep! Hands down, vegan chili was gone with people wanting to lick the bowl clean.
This is my personal go-to when I have little time to cook and just need something simple that is sure to be a winner with guests. I bought all of the ingredients needed at Trader Joe's, but you can get them at any grocery story. It's so easy and simply delicious!
This last time I made it I topped it with only cilantro and scallions, but you can also melted your favorite vegan cheese or add nutritional yeast on top for a cheesy flavor. Eat it with a spoon, in an organic corn tortilla or serve with whole grain tortilla chips! Let me know what you think.
Makes approximately 8-10 8-ounce servings
- 1 16-ounce can vegan refried beans
- 1 16-ounce jar of salsa (or homemade if you're ambitious!)
- 1 package meatless crumbles (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 medium-large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper or 2 medium peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Scoop into a baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is hot.
- Top with cilantro, scallions, vegan cheese and/or nutritional yeast.
Great for a party or for yourself! Portion out into containers and you'll have a delicious lunch for every day of the week!