This Tu-NO salad that will be a for sure lunch or weekend excursion go-to meal this summer! Super simple, super delicious, and packed with nutrients, add to your favorite salad of greens and summer fresh veggies, or as the savory center to a sandwich or wrap. Make enough for one meal or for a week’s worth of lunches.
How to make:
- Soak 1-2 cups of raw sunflower seeds overnight or for at least 12 hours
- Rinse the soaked seeds and put in your food processor
- Add 2-3 chopped stalks of celery
- Add relish, soy sauce, paprika, parsley, black pepper, dulse flakes to taste.
- If you like a little spice, a squeeze of sriracha is also a nice addition to the mix!
- If the mixture is dry and not smooth, add water 1 Tbsp at a time until you get your desired texture
… Blend away & enjoy
Addie Dulaney Majnaric is a recent graduate of West Virginia University, where she received her dual Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology and Human Nutrition and Foods and minor in Strength & Conditioning. Addie recently finished her supervised practice rotations, and will be sitting for the RDN licensure exam this summer. She is very excited to begin helping people reach their happiest and healthier selves through a vegan diet!
Addie has been vegan for 5 years, and promotes her recipes, love for animals, and nutrition journey on her blog: https://beansandblessingsblog.wordpress.com. In her free time, Addie enjoys running, creating vegan meals and baking, spending time with her husband Nathan and her best friend and sidekick, Kimba the rescue German Shepherd!