Southwest Sweet Potato Fries! Posted on 28 Aug 18:00 , 0 comments
This fun blend of spices & flavors is sure it step up your fry game as well as give you a healthier option to this commonly craved indulgence! As our long Labor Day weekend approaches, consider adding this fun side dish to your BBQ menu! These no oil sweet potato fries are full of vitamin A, fiber and a plethora healthful herbs & spices!
What you will need
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 bundle of fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
What to do
- Preheat your oven to 450
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper
- Wash and peel your sweet potatoes
- Cut your desired fry shape (we chose large wedges)
- Place the wedges on the parchment paper so they are not stacked on top of one another
- Sprinkle your fresh lime juice over the fries
- Next add your spices and top it off with freshly chopped cilantro (*have some cilantro to add as a garnish if you would like)
- Bake for 20 min, then shuffle your fries around and bake for another 10-15 minutes depending on how thick they are cut
These fries are delicious on their own, or paired with a smoky and sweet BBQ sauce! Enjoy this side & have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Addie Dulaney Majnaric, RDN graduate of West Virginia University, where she received her dual Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology and Human Nutrition and Foods and minor in Strength & Conditioning. Addie recently finished her supervised practice rotations, and passed her licensure exam to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She is very excited to begin helping people reach their happiest and healthiest selves through a vegan diet!
Addie has been vegan for 6 years, and promotes her recipes, love for animals, and nutrition journey on her blog: https://beansandblessingsblog.wordpress.com. In her free time, Addie enjoys running, creating vegan meals and baking, spending time with her husband Nathan and her best friend and sidekick, Kimba the rescue German Shepherd!