Tomato Chili Rice Dip with Organic Chips Posted on 08 Jul 07:29 , 0 comments
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes and green chilies (I like to use Ro-Tel brand, mild-hot)
- 2 c brown rice
- 1 c cooked black beans
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro (more if you are a cilantro lover like me)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- organic corn chips of choice (my personal favorite is Garden of Eatin!)
- Optional: top with sliced avocado, sliced japaleños or nutritional yeast for extra flavor and nutrition!
- Wash the rice well in a strainer.
- In a large pan, combine the 2 cans of diced tomatoes and chilies with the 2 c of brown rice.
- Add two cans of water in a large pan with high sides.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer until all of the water has evaporated and the rice is fully cooked.
- Add the black beans, garlic, sea salt and cilantro mixing all of the ingredients well.
- Garnish with avocado, jalapeño and/or nutritional yeast.
- Serve this as a dip with corn chips or serve in a bowl and enjoy it by itself!
Recipe created by McKinsey Fiveash, nicobella dietetic intern
Hi! My name is McKinsey Fiveash! I am currently an energetic dietetics student with a vegan lifestyle at the University of Georgia and plan to graduate in 2017. Previous to UGA, I played tennis at Roswell High School until I graduated in 2012 and went on to play tennis for Georgia Southern University. I have a love for all of the arts: drawing, painting, playing guitar and mostly singing. While I have always valued Sports and exercise, most of all my passion lies in the art of being healthy through the food we eat! Through all of my research and education so far, I have personally come to the conclusion that living to the fullest, the happiest, and the healthiest, requires a clean, fun, and lively vegan lifestyle! When I'm happy and healthy I am able to explore my other passions to the fullest of my ability! That's what I think life's all about!