As a nutritionist and yoga instructor I have always believed in the power of eating whole foods as the foundation for healthy holistic living.
Eating plant-based colorful foods that are radiant and alive can make you feel radiant and alive. You know what they say: beauty comes from within. Starting your day with something healthy and vibrant makes you feel energetic and happy! Clean simple eating keeps your body and mind clear and open. When you make whole food plant-based eating the cornerstone in your lifestyle you feel your best. Keep it simple, clean and colorful...and watch yourself shine. Plus think about all the good you're doing for the animals and the planet.
In simple summary:
- be kind to yourself
- be kind to animals
- be kind to the earth
And one more…
- dark chocolate should be its own food group.
I’ve always loved all things chocolate. When dark chocolate started getting some media buzz, I had the idea of using it as a vehicle for other healthy whole food ingredients. I thought that creating dark chocolate truffles with high antioxidant ingredients, while replacing the cream and butter with dairy-free ingredients, would be simple and fun. (ha! no one told me that you need a Food Science Degree to do this.) I ended up attending chocolatier school through L'Ecole du Chocolat. Months later and a few (many) frustrations I had six truffle flavors using whole food ingredients.
Since we launched our truffles in late 2009/beginning of 2010 we have created more healthy treats with our munch line and peanut butter squares. Each bite has nutty yumminess, which also means lots of protein, fiber and wholesome goodness.
Here are a few fun facts about our chocolates:
- you will get a burst of natural energy from just a single piece (fyi, it’s not energy from a sugar burst, it's from the high theobromine content in our pure dark chocolate)
- you will most likely find a favorite flavor and stick to it (please let us know which is your favorite!)
- each chocolate is made with whole food ingredients. For example, the pumpkin truffle is made with whole pumpkin seeds that are ground into a pumpkin seed butter and the walnut truffle has more walnuts than it does dark chocolate!
- our truffles are half the calories and half the sugar compared to traditional truffles
- we donate 5% of our sales to our fav animal organizations: The Gentle Barn, Noah’s Ark, Mercy for Animals, and A Place to Bark. Check them out. We ♥ them.
- the name, nicobella, is a fusion of my name, Nichole, and Isabella, my little best toy poodle friend of the past 15 years (the ‘chocolate’ toy poodle was not planned by the way).
We are excited to share our healthy treats with you! We truly appreciate the support and want you to join us in a healthy journey. Please join our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest communities and share your thoughts!
Also, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call 866.613.8679 with questions and feedback.
Nichole Dandrea, MS, RD, Registered Dietitian and Certified Yoga Instructor